Integrated reservoir management training course – 5 days
Suitable for: Petroleum and Reservoir Engineers and some experienced Geo-Scientists responsible for the day-to-day management of reservoirs.
The course provides a good understanding of the concepts and tools that can contribute to improving reservoir management by making it a multi-disciplinary process. It will give participants:
- Awareness of how to increase the value of a hydrocarbon asset.
- Knowledge of how to plan field developments and monitor reservoir performance.
- An introduction to the technology and techniques involved in reservoir characterisation, simulation and surveillance.
The specific content of the course can be tailored to meet the needs of the attendees. This is an outline of the typical course:
Introduction to “Reservoir Management”
- What do we mean by reservoir management
- The sources and acquisition of reservoir data
- The “old” sequential approach
- The “new” integrated/ iterative way of reservoir management
- The primary importance of reservoir characterisation
The Reservoir Management Process
- The objective – increasing the value of a hydrocarbon asset
- Possible targets – decreased risk, greater and earlier production, reduced costs, added flexibility
- Planning field developments
- Monitoring reservoir performance
- Evaluating results by comparisons of actual performance with prediction
Understanding the Reservoir – the Technology Toolkit
- Review of popular systems for static and dynamic reservoir modeling
- The importance of applying the technology competently
- Integration of geological, geophysical and engineering data
- Reservoir characterization, describing the reservoir – the static model with static data
- Reservoir simulation, describing the reservoir’s behaviour – the dynamic model with dynamic data
- Reservoir surveillance – monitoring performance and analysing the data
Adding Economic Value
- Techniques to maximize economic recovery
- Minimising capital investment, operating costs and risk
- Economic impact of changes to operating plans
- How timing affects value
Click here to request more details