Locations we are considering for this position:
OPC London (HQ), UK office- You must be London or the surrounding counties based. If not you must be UK based and willing to relocate. You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
OPC Doha, Qatar office- You must already be Doha or Qatar based with the right to live and work in Qatar.
OPC has been helping exploration and production companies find and produce oil and gas globally since 1987. We are specialists in subsurface engineering, geosciences and production engineering and provide our expertise through two core business units:
· In-house projects, studies and technical support
· Bespoke training
· Contract and permanent manpower
· In-country workforce management
Our Consultant Services Team finds and attracts the very best upstream geoscience, drilling, subsurface and production engineering staff and consultants and manages their deployment globally. This includes both in-house and external client recruitment; sourcing technical staff and consultants for our in-house projects, studies, technical support and training, as well as supplying consultants (individuals and teams) on contract assignments to our clients.
A Consultant Services Advisor is responsible for finding, contacting and attracting candidates and matching them to contract or permanent vacancies. They also work with our clients, selling and promoting our services and building relationships in order to gain a clear understanding of their operation, recruitment needs and securing vacancies.
They headhunt and attract candidates by utilizing a network of internal and external sources to promote requirements, gain referrals, search social and professional media, internal and third party databases, job boards and sometimes by drafting and posting advertising across a wide range of online and offline media.
They screen candidates, interview them, do background checks and match them to requirements. They provide professional advice to clients and candidates on recruitment trends, market pay rates / salaries, training support and career advice.
Bachelor’s Degree Graduate, preferably in Science or Engineering.
We will consider fresh graduates or candidates with no recruitment or sales experience as long as they can demonstrate a desire to learn.
Confident communicator and influencer (fluent in both oral and written English), sociable, team player, well organised, competent user of industry software tools, resourceful, investigator/researcher mind set, analytical thinker, problem solver, numerate and strong memory recall.
· Provides a vital communication link between clients and candidates.
· Uses telephone, face to face and online sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking in order to attract business from clients.
· Visits clients and consultants (OPC consultants assigned to clients) to build relationships and secure business.
· Attends and networks at industry exhibitions, conferences and seminars.
· Develops a good understanding of clients, their market, what they do, where they are developing, their working culture and environment.
· Interviews clients to develop fully informed recruitment briefs with job descriptions for vacancies.
· Uses professional and social media to share knowledge and information to network vacancies, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and clients.
· Headhunts; searches, identifies, targets and contacts candidates.
· Advertises (on a selective basis) vacancies, drafts and places adverts in a wide range of online and offline media.
· Uses candidate databases and software tools to match candidates to vacancies and clients.
· Receives / reviews candidate applications, conducts interviews, tests and creates shortlists of candidates for clients.
· Manages candidate registrations; screens, checks and validates; registration forms, candidate IDs, CVs, certificates, right to work status, references, background and police checks, medical histories and fitness.
· Prepares CVs and correspondence to clients.
· Briefs candidates about vacancies; responsibilities, remuneration, benefits. Prepares and coaches candidates in readiness for client interview.
· Organizes client interviews and provides post interview feedback between client and candidates.
· Negotiates pay rates / salary conditions, contracts through to finalization of arrangements between clients and candidates.
· Ensures that purchase / service orders, timesheets, invoices, expenses and support documents are received correctly and administered internally for timely invoicing and payment.
· Manages all aspects of candidates on and off boarding (domestic and international locations) including; medicals, training, immigration, mobilization, orientation / induction, rotational leave and demobilization.
· Maintains regular communication with clients and consultants throughout contract assignments, providing support, professional advice, manages periodical appraisals, rate reviews, contract extensions / completions and exit interviews.
· Ensures that OPC’s knowledge management, database, administration and quality systems are kept up-to-date.
· Offers advice to clients and candidates on pay rates, salaries, benefits, training and career progression.
· Achieves targets and objectives that are set and mutually agreed with manager.
· Provides periodical reports and attends OPC meetings on a timely basis
· Carries out any other tasks as required by the business or by OPC Management
This job description, pending written update, will include all other duties identified and agreed with the employee that are reasonably required within this job role. This will include but not be limited to duties and objectives identified and agreed through the company appraisal process.
OPC offers an exciting, interesting and rewarding career development opportunity in a global technical business environment and attractive employment package comprising; commensurate salary, bonus (team and individual performance pay), annual profit share, non-contributory pension and private healthcare (dental and medical).