Petroleum Economist/ Portfolio Management – Qatar
OPC are currently seeking a Petroleum Economist with experience in Exploration, this will be a fixed term consulting position based in Doha, Qatar.
- Key responsibilities include delivering business performance contract targets safely and delivering high quality, cost effective, comprehensive, timely and professional economics products and services.
- Perform economic and statistical analyses under direction of Project Manager or Management team
- Collect data and compile reports combining information from one or more sources using Excel or other database software.
- Review technical and professional literature to identify specific limitations and opportunities associated the relevant economic analysis of the Portfolio
- Prepare tables and write sections of reports and other ad-hoc requests from the Commercial, and Business Planning teams.
- Contribute to the annual Financial Planning and Reporting processes.
- Bachelor degree in Economics or Engineering from an internationally recognized university
- 12 years oil and gas industry experience in multiple functions
- 5 years petroleum economic evaluation experience using industry standard software
- Interest in innovative approaches to upstream Exploration commercial/financial terms are plus