OPC has the capability to perform a wide range of subsurface geophysical, petrophysical and geological studies as well as seismic interpretation projects.
OPCs in-house geoscience and engineering team work closely together using industry standard software such as Petrel, integrating geophysical, geological, petrophysical and engineering data to characterise a static reservoir model that is geologically reasonable for any given basin or petroleum province.
OPC has supported clients in license rounds and our team can quickly evaluate available blocks, map prospects and leads, assess the risk and uncertainty associated with each element of the petroleum system, and provide work programme support moving forward.
Regional geological and integrated basin studies can be performed in locations around the world, from frontier to mature basins. OPC can offer farm-out services to clients, including evaluating data, constructing and hosting data rooms. Furthermore, we can provide technical support at all stages of the farm-out process. Seismic interpretation projects can be carried out at a basin and field scale.
OPC provide a range of petrophysical interpretation services, from quick single well evaluations, to large scale multi-well studies, including the integration of log, core and geological data, and input into geological modelling.
OPC has access to a full range of industry standard software technology including Petrel, IHS Kingdom and Recall. OPC has the resources to provide QA/QC services in support of onshore or offshore seismic acquisition projects.
Click on the links below for more details on specific Geoscience disciplines:
Here are selected examples of recent Geoscience projects undertaken by OPC:
Offshore Africa – OPC performed a review of the reserves and development plan for a Gas Field, offshore Africa
North Africa – OPC performed a petrophysical interpretation of a well in North Africa, with a complex multi-mineral lithology.
Middle East – Technical assistance in a high level screening study of sand control methods for offshore wells in the Middle East.
Middle East – OPC successfully completed a full static and dynamic modelling and simulation review in order to assess the feasibility of the operator’s appraisal and development plan.
- Review of the petrophysical interpretation of a well in South America as part of a technical screening exercise for the client.
- Multi-mineral petrophysical interpretation of a well in North Africa, with a complex lithology.
- Geology and Geophysics study to review 40 Gas Fields looking for late life development opportunities in the UK North Sea.
- Review of East Nile Delta seismic data for evaluation of infill, appraisal and near field drilling activities
- Geological, geophysical and petrophysical analysis as part of as due diligence study for fields in Kurdistan, Congo, Cameroon and Nigeria
- Fractured reservoir analysis including image log analysis, discrete fracture network modelling, petrophysical stress analysis from acoustic logs for building a dual porosity sector model.
For further information and to discuss your Geosciences needs please contact Piers Johnson on +44 20 7428 1111 or by email