John Wright is the senior consultant Petroleum Economist for OPC. He has more than 25 years’ experience in oil and gas, initially within petroleum engineering and then specialising as an Economist within CNR, Amerada Hess and BG Group. He has worked as an expert petroleum economics consultant for more than 10 years.
John has experience of projects in Africa, South America, SE Asia, the Middle East and the UK North Sea undertaking roles including leading new venture teams both in conventional E&P, commercialization of gas through LNG and Coal Bed Methane. His key areas of experience include:
- Corporate Valuations
- Petroleum Econmics modelling
- Development concept design and costing
- Probabilistic decision analysis and Value of Information
- Portfolio resource distributions encompassing risk, dependency and budgetary limits
- Framing issues of multi-discipline teams
John holds a Petroleum Engineering MSc from Imperial College London.