Commercial Analysis and Petroleum Economics
In order to offer a fully integrated service to our clients, OPC provides a petroleum economics and commercial consultancy alongside our technical services and on a stand-alone basis. This enables us to report and advise clients both economically and financially on OPC generated technical studies and intra company decision processes.
Because of our heritage as an independent technical services consultancy, we have a rigorous and data-led approach to all commercial projects. We are able to identify and integrate the critical technical and commercial parameters in order to present focused and accurate business solutions at Board level.
John Wright is the OPC expert Petroleum Economist. John has more than 25 years’ experience as a commercial engineer, supporting a wide range of E&P companies and investors with economic modelling, portfolio valuation, fiscal agreement negotiation and decision analysis.
Our petroleum economics and commercial services include:
- Provision and support of an Excel based Economic model, producing contractor cash flows for any world-wide fiscal arrangement
- Competent Persons Report (CPR) Commercial audit, producing valuations and economic reserve/resource totals
- Support and management of both Fiscal/Commercial negotiations and M&A due diligence process
- Decision analysis valuation for Exploration Prospect Inventory (PI), combining risk and uncertainty
- Value of Information (VOI) techniques
- Field development planning; major investments and capital allocation
- Efficient frontier and rationalisation
We offer a flexible approach for the delivery of our Commercial analysis expertise including:
- Commercial analysis for OPC technical reports
- Competent Person’s report valuations and reserve/resource reporting
- Training and knowledge transfer
- Consultant Secondment
OPC is recognised as a ‘Competent Person’ by the London Stock Exchange and the New York Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for hydrocarbon asset evaluation and therefore is qualified to produce Competent Person’s Reports (CPRs). OPC has been conducting reserves audits and providing CPRs since 1995, reporting reserves and resources according to the Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS) as sponsored by the SPE, AAPG, WPC and SPEE and according to the rules of the SEC. OPC executes audits in respect of statutory and fiscal reporting, stock market flotation’s and for an independent evaluation of assets and projects.